Voices Carry~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Terrific Totems

Go down

My Terrific Totems Empty My Terrific Totems

Post  TOvA~ Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 am

These are my latest Totems to join Team V.
I am really excited about them. I find their arrival especially interesting since I learned after meeting them, that I am actually a Pisces, which is the most watery of water signs!
These guys actually swam into my life while I receiving long distance energy work from a friend. It was very powerful the way they appeared to me!
My Terrific Totems 2520303ji2mhvx0r2
STINGRAY:
Stingrays show how to manuever with grace, style and elegance in the watery depths of emotions. Stingray will teach the importance of undulating and persistent movements in life. He will demonstrate the importance of regularly cleaning and cleanliness; to clear and maintain the clutter at home and work, to clean, balance and center your emotional and spiritual beingness. Stingrays teach the art of camouflage and blending in. Are you aclimating to your surroundings? Stingray's adaptation abilities will aid in transitions. This is also a time to drink plenty of fresh water and pay attention to salt and overall food intake. Stingray will show the balance of nutritional needs. Are you being too defensive or not being defensive enough? He will show how and when to use the venomous spines to strike effectively. Have you started a new endeavor recently? He shows that in 2-4 months ideas will come to fruition and be alive with possibilities. Stingray shows that movements in life must be balanced with sharp action and graceful tenacity.

The stingray often shows itself as a totem to anyone who has enhanced "feeling" senses. It is the stingray's natural electrical sensors that alerts it to potential dangers. When the stingray appears it could be a sign that you need to become more aware of your surroundings. Look around and see if you're missing something obvious.
The stingray's coloring allows it to safely camouflage itself in the sand on the ocean floor. Are you keeping yourself low and out of sight? When stingray shows up it could indicate a time to keep to yourself and stay out of the lime light.
Although not usually an aggressive animal, the stingray's barb is poisonous and can cause harm. Do you have the habit of using combative language when you are felling threatened? As a totem stingray teaches us to be careful with our words (barbs) and to refrain from using razor-tongue remarks.
The Stingray Totems messages and meanings are: ready to protect, sensory talents, propelled maneuvers, awareness
Ted Andrews/Animal-Wise:
Keynote: Gracefulness in maneuverings and moves. Staying on course.

Stingrays are relatives of the sharks. They have flattened, flounder-like shapes with long whiplike tails that have a stinger or poisonous spine attached. Stingrays have electro-receptors on their snout by which they accurately detect buried food. Some generate and emit low level electrical pulses that help them to guide and recognize food and danger. Often, when stingrays are totems or messengers, people get tingling sensations to alert them to the presence of danger, and treasures, etc.

A network of nerves informs the stingray of the position of each part of its body wherever it is swimming. For those to whom the stingray is a totem, there is a natural gracefulness, a sense of never being lost. This individual is usually confident in maneuvering and operating in whatever environment in which he or she is found. For those to whom stingray is just appearing, the ability to maneuver gracefully in new environments will need to be developed.

When the stingray appears, trust in your own inner guidance. Trust in your own ability to find what is beneath the surface. Do not be afraid to whip that tail around to protect your own dance in life. It will be much smoother and more graceful than you imagine.
Water Animal Spirits

Water Spirit Animals help us reveal and identify our hidden thoughts or actions. The subconscious mind is associated with water. Water Spirit Animals are linked to Spirituality and the elements of the unknown. They can reveal hidden fears and deepest desires.

My Terrific Totems 1580046ifrki7n060
SHARK:
Shark Meaning and Totem Symbolism
Sharks have been swimming in my awareness, and I love when this happens because it's a clear sign my energy is primed for focus - it's time to ruminate and write about shark totem symbolism. Shark also confirms self-trust, and a points me into forward momentum in my life.
There are some creatures in Nature's cradle who speak so clearly of their energetic symbolism. The shark totem is one with crystalline expression. To wit, one look at these extraordinary creatures conveys a message of sleek authority.
And the shark is an authority on all fronts of survival. In fact, those who connect with the shark totem will be masters at survival in their own waters of life. Shark people are extremely adept at summing up social situations, manipulating people and events (I don't mean that in a bad way).
A quick-list of Shark Totem symbolic meanings includes:
• Calculating
• Perceptive
• Primal
• Instinctive
• Ancient
• Knowing
• Powerful
• Focused
• Mystery
• Perpetual Motion
• Dynamic
• Unique Vision
• Curious
• Effective
• Innovative
• Superior
• Efficient
• Equipped
People with the shark totem navigate through life with a specialized "gut-rudder." What's a gut-rudder? That's what I call a primal instinct. It's a visceral, hard-wired knowing that guides certain humans. It's infallible, reliable, and geared for one thing only: To protect the sacred. And what is sacred? Life.
The shark is both oracle and embodiment of fundamental life. The shark relays root-chakra energy to me because of its superior instinct, and that remarkable drive for survival. That's a prime root chakra concept : Ancient Instinct. Primal Knowing.
Furthermore, sharks are symbolic of acting on life. They never wait for opportunity. They are not handmaiden's to the life experience. Far from it. Because they are authorities on life - they know precisely what it's about and they seize it with verve.
This is made manifest by their constant motion. They move to allow oxygenated currents roll over their gills. Their motion through life - actively moving forward - insures their existence. Moreover, most sharks sink when motionless (a side effect of not having a "swim bladder" as most fish do). They can't afford to be still.
This carries symbolism for those who embrace their shark totem. It identifies the tendency for forward momentum in life. If sharks swim in your awareness, it's very likely you are extremely driven and perpetually moving forward. You meet life full-on. You rarely stay in the "shallow end" of life, but prefer to move deftly through the waves of experience - encountering adventure with undeniable exuberance.
And for all this zealous talk of life, the shark is also symbolically equipped to share lessons of death too. Actually, sharks know death is a fallacy. They have no concept of it. Sharks are in a constant state of renewal, and those with the shark totem will confirm the absence of death. Sharks, and humans attuned to sharks will only see renewal - only transition.
Sharks are superior organisms. From tail to teeth, sharks convey perpetual fluidity and momentum. They are examples of progress in its most assertive stages. To wit, their biological mechanisms are so elite, they've had no need to evolve over insane spans of time. They function from a place of timeless propulsion. Ever-forward.
Perhaps it is the sharks unsinkable nature that makes it a bit of a cold character (energetically speaking). Sharks are about aerodynamic efficiency, and they allow no fluff to enter their consciousness. They're quite austere and are wrapped in robes of distance and mystery.
Those with shark totems will display similar aloofness. Inwardly, they sense the waves of emotions within and around them. Yet, outwardly they are cool, controlled, steely. This makes people of the shark clan extremely good businessmen/women, leaders and visionaries.
It's important to note the inherent duality here. The element of water is esoterically symbolic of emotions, dreams and intuition. And yet, the shark conveys a sterility in emotion. To be clear, the shark is not symbolically devoid of emotion. Rather, it is a master of emotion.
This symbolic lesson is tantamount for humankind, and the lesson is this: We can be submerged in emotional dramas, but we do not have to be swallowed by them.
Whether or not you relate to the shark as a totem, this is a sacred conveyance of emotional wisdom - a most vital gift of the shark.
Indeed, shark wisdom is so profound, it's worth a summary. So, a recap of symbolic shark messages & shark totem meanings:
• Be active in life.
• Attune to natural instinct.
• Be propelled forward (do not regress) in your evolution.
• Although surrounded by emotions, you need not be consumed by them.
• Swim the path of least resistance in life, be efficient and direct in your navigations.
Lastly, let this video draw your attention to the grace inherent in the shark's mobility. Such a uniquely equipped creature, with so many (seeming) contradictions. We see an energy in the shark that is so linear and spear-like in its objective....yet, at the same time there is such delicate elegance.
All the paradoxes about the shark is why I avidly appreciate its presence in my awareness.
In closing, I urge you to dive into the energetic matrix of shark energy, and swim into your own symbolic realizations about this magnificent animal. Thanks for reading & entertaining these thoughts on shark symbolism and the shark totem.
SHARK
The Shark is a totem of fearlessness and confidence. Sharks have incredibly sensitive noses that can smell one drop of blood in 50 million times as much water. They can feel the pressure waves made by a struggling fish and are sensitive to electromagnetic currents. They teach those with this totem how to develop and refine their own sensory abilities. The study of aromatherapy would benefit those with this medicine. Shark people are traditionally loners and in order to remain centered may require time to themselves. If they do not have this important time alone they can become irritable, anxious and aggressive in their behavior. The Shark offers the power of protection to those who resonate to it. In the course of our life's learning we can attract events and people that are disharmonious. When there is something in your life that you need to frighten away call upon the shark to help you. Working with shark medicine gives you the power and confidence to drive off the negative.

Shark Power Animal, Symbol of Fearlessness

Posted By Ina Woolcott

Sharks medicine includes the hunter, survival, adaptability, Independence, Potential, Adaptation, fearlessness, protection, power, emotional transformation, balance, clairaudience.

Unfortunately, sharks have a bad reputation as being dangerous, fearless and unpredictable. They can ignite a feeling of fear and terror in many people. (I personally have always felt afraid of sharks for some reason!) A full up and single shark is generally pretty peaceful, but in large groups they can be unpredictable and may frenzy.

To those with shark medicine, protection is offered. During our individual lifetimes, we can attract events and people we clash with. If there is a situation in your life that you need to ‘scare away’, call upon shark for help. You will be give by shark the power and confidence to fend off negative elements or get rid of them completely.

Sharks have an extremely acute sense of smell and are able to smell one drop of blood in 50 million times as much water. Having no swim bladder means they can never stop swimming or they would simply sink to the bottom of the ocean. They feel the pressure waves made by a fish in troible and are sensitive to electromagnetic currents. Those with this power animal are taught how to cultivate their own sensory abilities. Studying aromatherapy would be beneficial to those with this medicine.

The shark connects us with the creative element of life - water. Through the ages water has always been linked with emotional transformation. They reveal to us the strength of the currents of our lives and see clearly in the murky waters of the future. Observing the sharks swimming patterns teaches us how to get out of our emotional conflicts efficiently. All fish in general can teach us to adapt to all environments and streamline our lives. A fish swimming down symbolizes the involution of spirit, whilst a fish swimming up is the evolution of the spirit.

A shark in captivity can be trained to do simple tasks such as telling apart certain objects from others in the water, and can recognise the ringing of a bell for a meal. Shark people need time to themselves to remain calm, balanced and centred, or they can turn irritable, anxious and aggressive in demeanour. Meditating, tai chi, yoga and martiual arts for example bring peaxe and balnce of mind. Im not a shark person, but personally i love meditating and also kick boxing.

When shark swims into your life, this often signifies that one of the senses will be awakened - visions, prophetic dreams, or clairaudience is possible. There will be a greater connection with the spiritual realm.

For shark people, staying busy and active is very beneficial. Work-alcoholics often have Shark as a power animal. Those with shark also are often able to accomplish seemingly impossible tasks. They also often have an acute sense of smell - trust what ‘smells’ right.

http://whats-your-sign.com (GREAT site BTW)

Last edited by Star*Fish on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Http://ubuntuned.com

Back to top Go down

My Terrific Totems Empty Re: My Terrific Totems

Post  TOvA~ Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 pm

When Snake entered my life. I was not sure what to think about that.
Snake has come to me in dreams & in person for approx. 8 years now. The 1st one to come was a black and white King Snake of all things. He sure wasn't what I expected to see in the SW where Rattle Snakes roam. I even have a rattle left by snake that I found out hiking by the Superstition Mtns.
Anyway.... I just found this pix online and I LOVE him!
I had no idea this creature existed...
My Terrific Totems Whitesnake
SNAKE:
Wisdom, Healing, Initiation

The symbol of eternity

This a powerful totem -- it is
the symbol of transformation and healing.
The Snake is wisdom expressed through healing.

It is a protector and guardian totem,
along with its sister totems, the Dragon and the Serpent.

If a snake totem has come into your life, your creative forces are awakening.
Your intuition will sharpen and be more accurate.

Snake energy is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and
the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance.
It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation.

It also signals a transition in your life.
New opportunities and/or changes.

Snake is fire medicine, the medicine of transmutation.
On a material level, it is vitality; on an emotional level, it is ambition and dreams;
on a mental level, it is intellect and power; on a spiritual level (the highest level),
it is wisdom, understanding and wholeness.

Snake magic is heavy magic.
Become the Magician and transmute the energy and accept the power of the fire.

The Snake is one of the symbols of Thoth.

TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Back to top Go down

Post  TOvA~ Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Raccoon is a newer addition to Team V as well. Raccoon showed up about a year ago, one month before we moved from Gold Canyon.
We got to spend some quality time together, although when Raccoon ate Bendy, I was pretty bummed. I cried and watched, not able to look away. But Raccoon had a message for me.... Raccoon was the one who took Gobi-Dragon to the ever after. I thought perhaps it was an Owl or Hawk doing some retribution because my Cats ate Dove's babies... but Raccoon assumed me there was not such plot...
PIX Here: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100001492555200&aid=13983#!/photo.php?fbid=111695292223555&set=a.111594872233597.13983.100001492555200&theater
Dexterity and Disguise

The magic of the Raccoon is in its mask.
Masks are a powerful magical tool:
you can achieve altered states
through the use of mask,
you can become
someone or something else
behind a mask.

A Raccoon totem can teach you how to wear masks for many reasons
as the need arises.
It can teach you how to mask, disguise and transform yourself.
Don't you act differently with your boss, parents, children, husband, friend, strangers.
Those are all masks you put on.

Masks are one of the tools of transformation.
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Back to top Go down

Post  TOvA~ Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:09 pm

My Terrific Totems LoveanimalstarfishStarfish: In Christian symbolism the Starfish represents the
Virgin Mary (Stella Maris which means Star of the Sea) who lovingly
creates safe travel over troubled waters and is also seen as an emblem
of salvation during trying times. The star as well as the Starfish are
seen as celestial symbols and as such, they represent infinite divine
love. In addition to love, the Starfish also holds characteristics such
as guidance, vigilance, inspiration, brilliance and intuition.
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum