Voices Carry~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannibis & Christ?

2 posters

Go down

Cannibis & Christ? Empty Cannibis & Christ?

Post  TOvA~ Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Jesus Christ and his apostles may have used a cannabis-based anointing oil to help cure people with crippling diseases, it has been claimed.
Researchers in the United States say the oil used in the early days of the Christian church contained a cannabis extract called kaneh-bosem.

They suggest the extract, which is absorbed into the body when placed on the skin, could have helped cure people with a variety of physical and mental problems.

The medical use of cannabis during that time is supported by archaeological records

Chris Bennet
The author of the article, published in the US drugs magazine High Times, says his findings are based on a study of scriptural texts.

Wide use

The article does not question the validity of the miracles reported in the Bible but rather examines whether the early Christian Church may have made use of substances with an active medical effect.

It does not rule out the role played by blind faith in Christ.

Chris Bennett said cannabis was widely used at the time to heal the sick.

"The medical use of cannabis during that time is supported by archaeological records."

He said the ancient anointing oil contained high levels of cannabis extract.

"The holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus, contained over six pounds of keneh-bosum - a substance identified by respected etymology, linguists anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis extracted into about six quarts of olive oil along with a variety of other fragrant herbs.

"The ancient annointed ones were literally drenched in this potent mixture."

Miracles

Mr Bennett suggested the drug may have played a role in some healing miracles carried out by Jesus and his disciples.

He wrote: "In the ancient world, diseases such as epilepsy were attributed to demonic possession.

"To cure somebody of such an illness, even with the aid of certain herbs was considered exorcism or miraculous healing.

Jesus often becomes the final hope for the pharmacologically impaired

JesusJournal.com
"Interestingly, cannabis has been shown to be effective in the treatment of not only epilepsy but many of the other ailments that Jesus and the disciples healed people of such as skin diseases, eye problems and menstrual problems."

Mr Bennett said the findings suggested that it was unchristian to persecute people who used cannabis.

"If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient Christian anointing oil, as history indicates, and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ."

However, Christian groups in the United States have rejected Mr Bennett's claims.

They have insisted that the arguments made in the article are lame.

In a response to the article published on JesusJournal.com, critics said: "As many of us know firsthand, Jesus often becomes the final hope for the pharmacologically impaired."

John Cunyus, the author of a book on Christian healing, said: "Well, the Bible does say that St. Stephen was stoned... but perhaps not in that sense!"

And this article kicks ass, worth the time to read.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/backi...11/christ.html

Excerpt:

The Greek title "Christ" is the translation of the Hebrew word Messiah, which in English becomes "The Anointed" D. The Messiah was recognized as such by his being anointed with the holy anointing oil, the use of which was restricted to the instillation of Hebrew priests and kings. If Jesus was not initiated in this fashion then he was not the Christ, and had no official claim to the title

Unlike the shamanistic priests and kings of earlier generations, Jesus did not follow the strict Old Testament taboos that limited the holy cannabis oils use to Yahweh's chosen few (Exodus 30:33), but broke tradition and began to liberally use it in both healing and initiation rites.

Through this open distribution the singular Christ, "the Anointed", was extended to become the plural term "Christians", that is, those who had been smeared or anointed. "By rubbing on this divine unction. . . obtained from certain special herbs or plants, they believed they were donning the panoply of God."

In the OT.

THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING
PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE
EARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT
HAS FRUIT IN IT."
GENESIS 1:29-30
Those words seem straightforward enough, and yet cannabis and most other psychoactive medicine plants are outlawed in our society. Those who use these plant gat eways to other states of consciousness are jailed for doing so.

Ironically, the major force for continuing this plant prohibition is a group referred to as the Christian Right. They claim to believe in both the Bible and old Yahweh, yet Yahweh's opinion on the matter is stated quite clearly in the above quotation.

This article shows how the Old Testament Prophets were none other than ancient shamans, and that cannabis and other entheogens played a very prominent role in ancient Hebrew culture.

THE ROOTS OF KANEH-BOSM

The first solid evidence of the Hebrew use of cannabis was established in 1936 by Sula Benet, a little known Polish etymologist from the Institute of Anthropological Sciences in Warsaw (1).

The word cannabis was generally thought to be of Scythian origin, but Benet showed that it has a much earlier origin in Semitic languages like Hebrew, and that it appears several times throughout the Old Testament. Benet explained that "in the original Hebrew text of the Old Testament there are references to hemp, both as incense, which was an integral part of religious celebration, and as an intoxicant (2)."

Benet demonstrated that the word for cannabis is kaneh-bosm, also rendered in traditional Hebrew as kaneh or kannabus. The root kan in this construction means "reed" or "hemp", while bosm means "aromatic". This word appears five times in the Old Testament; in the books of Exodus, the Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel.

The word kaneh-bosm has been mistranslated as calamus, a common marsh plant with little monetary value that does not have the qualities or value ascribed to kaneh-bosm. The error occurred in the oldest Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, the Septuagint in the third century BC, and was repeated in the many translations that followed (3).

THE HIDDEN STORY

When we take a chronological look at biblical references to kaneh-bosm, we reveal more than just the story of cannabis in the Old Testament. Another exciting and concealed story emerges as well, that of the suppression of the worship of Astarte, also called Ashera, known t o the ancient Semites as the Queen of Heaven.

The original wake and bake.

Acts 2

13Some, however, made fun of them (the apostles) and said, “They have had too much wine."

14Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15These men are not drunk (alcohol in the morning is a no no), as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!

"it's a plant mon, a plant."

- bob marley
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Http://ubuntuned.com

Back to top Go down

Cannibis & Christ? Empty Re: Cannibis & Christ?

Post  TOvA~ Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 pm

"The medical use of cannabis during that time is supported by archaeological records."

He said the ancient anointing oil contained high levels of cannabis extract.

"The holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus, contained over six pounds of keneh-bosum - a substance identified by respected etymology, linguists anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis extracted into about six quarts of olive oil along with a variety of other fragrant herbs.

Kenehbos.
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Back to top Go down

Post  TOvA~ Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:11 pm

A sweet "shoutout" goes out to Siahaya at LOp for the interesting content worth more exploration Cannibis & Christ? 555782

http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Jesus-used-cannabis-as-part-of-his-healing-rituals?page=1
Great Thread I thought. I want to look into this subject more~
Cannibis & Christ? 710942
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 am

TOvA wrote:A sweet "shoutout" goes out to Siahaya at LOp for the interesting content worth more exploration Cannibis & Christ? 555782

http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Jesus-used-cannabis-as-part-of-his-healing-rituals?page=1
Great Thread I thought. I want to look into this subject more~
Cannibis & Christ? 710942
Screw it just fire up that blunt! Cannibis & Christ? Animated_cat
DR
DR
Mouthpiece~

http://www.verbalsight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TOvA~ Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:07 pm

I know right!!! LOL
I hear THAT!!!!
I miss you... I really do.
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:08 am

TOvA wrote:I know right!!! LOL
I hear THAT!!!!
I miss you... I really do.
Are you missing me or the blunt? lol
DR
DR
Mouthpiece~

http://www.verbalsight.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TOvA~ Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:52 pm

I miss you both! lol
Maybe one day I will get to Vegas and we can smoke & chat like 2 old hippies!
lol
TOvA~
TOvA~
Mouthpiece~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down